Wells Fargo Bank has long been known to use ChexSystems to verify new accounts. But, did you know that they offer a 2nd Chance Checking Account? They do.
It’s called Opportunity Checking. This is a second chance checking account specially designed for individuals who have “been unable to open a checking account due to their prior credit or banking history.”
Here are the features as published on their site:
- Make deposits at any Wells Fargo store
- Make withdrawals at any Wells Fargo store or ATM
Monthly service fee Monthly service fee waived when you open it as a complete package1 and (Choose ONE):
- $2,000 minimum daily checking balance, OR
- Cumulative direct deposits2 of $750 per statement cycle
Otherwise, $10 with online only statements ($12 with paper statements)
Minimum opening deposit: $100
Secure online access:
- View balances, transfer funds, view statements
- Free Wells Fargo Online® Bill Pay
- My Spending Report with Budget Watch makes it easy to track your spending
- Wells Fargo MobileSM Banking
Platinum Debit Card:
- Use at millions of locations where Visa® debit cards are accepted including grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations – even for Internet and phone purchases.
- Pay recurring bills with your debit card on the scheduled date you choose and save time and money.
- Get cash and transfer funds at more than 12,000 Wells Fargo ATMs.
To apply for the Wells Fargo Opportunity Checking Account, you will have to visit one of their branch locations.