Capital One has just launched their new checking service called Capital One 360. In case you haven’t heard, Capital One 360 is the new rebranded version of the Electric Orange Checking Account from ING Direct. Since ING Direct USA was acquired by Capital One back in early 2012, Capital One has been working on consolidating their brand into one. So, Electric Orange is gone, and Capital One 360 is replacing it.
What does it mean for existing customers?
There are no major changes. Customers will continue to receive the same great service and benefits they received with Electric Orange. In fact, with Capital One 360, you get more features than you had before.
Can people on ChexSytems qualify?
According to Capital One, there were no major overhauls to the service, so the application/approval process shouldn’t have changed. People with ChexSystems records should be able to apply online as usual and be approved. However, it is important to note that they do run your credit report.
What You Get:
- FDIC-insured account
- MasterCard® Debit Card
Ways to Deposit Money:
- Deposit checks from anywhere using the mobile app or computer
- Mail in your deposits using the prepaid envelopes provided to you
- Direct deposit
- Transfer money to and from another bank account
- No balance requirement
- No monthly service charges
- Earn interest on your money
- P2P Payments – Send money securely to family and friends. It’s fast and free.
- Free online bill pay
- Free access to over 38,000 Allpoint® ATMs
- Free postage – we’ll mail your paper checks for you
- Checking and savings accounts also available for kids
To sweeten the deal, Capital One is currently offering a $50 bonus for new customers who open a Capital One 360 checking account.